You can find a more comprehensive list including links to Human Rights documents, UN concluding observations and regional and national policy papers on intersex human rights here.
More information on how to help bringing intersex issues forward can be found in the 2016 OII Europe/ILGA Europe Toolkit Standing up for the human rights of intersex people – how can you help?
Intersex and Disability
- OII Europe (2015): Statement of OII Europe on Intersex, Disability and the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities.
- Morgan Carpenter, Dawn Hough (2014): Employers’ Guide to Intersex Inclusion. Ed. by OII Australia and Pride in Diversity
Legislation and policy
- Maltese bill on gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics (2015)
- Maltese educational policy on how to accommodate the needs of trans, intersex and gender-variant students (2015)
Reports on the human rights situation of intersex people
- Human rights and intersex people. Issue Paper published by the Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights (2015)
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency (2015): The fundamental rights situation of intersex people
- United Nations (2015): Human Rights of Intersex Persons (Side event at the 30th Session of the Human Rights Council in September 2015)
- 24. GMFK Konferenz (2014): Top 8.1: Rechte intersexueller Menschen wahren und Diskriminierung beenden – insbesondere Schutz der körperlichen Unversehrtheit
- English translation of the most important part
- Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights (2014): Human Rights Comment: A boy or a girl or a person – intersex people lack recognition in Europe
- United Nations (2014): Intersex People and Human Rights: Violations, Voices and Visions. (Side event at the UN prior to the 25th Session of the Human Rights Council in March 2014)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (2013): Children’s right to physical integrity
- United Nations General Assembly (2013): Report of the Special Rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, Juan E. Méndez
- Dan Christian Ghattas (2013): Human Rights between the Sexes. A preliminary study on the life situations of inter* individuals. Ed. by the Heinrich-Böll-Foundation. Berlin
- Swiss National Advisory Commission on Biomedical Ethics: On the management of differences of sex development Opinion No. 20/2012. Ethical issues relating to “intersexuality“
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission (2005): A human rights investigation into the medical “normalization” of intersex people (2005)
Movies, Articles and Books
- Mauro Cabral (2015): The marks on our bodies (Article published for Intersex Awareness Day, 26th of October
- Inter – Erfahrungen intergeschlechtlicher Menschen in der Welt der zwei Geschlechter (2013, ed. by Barth, Ghattas, Böttger, Schneider), a collection of essays and conversations on the experience of intersex individuals from five continents.
- Intersexion (Documentary featuring various intersex people’s life histories, New Zealand, 2012) Trailer
- Orchids, My Intersex Adventure (Autobiographical documentary about an intersex filmmaker, Australia, 2010) Trailer
- Interdicciones – Escrituras de la Intersexualidad en Castellano (2009, ed. by M. Cabral), a collection of essays and conversations on the experience of intersex people in Latin America and Spain.
- El último verano de la Boyita (Feature film about an intersex adolescent and their friend, Julia Solomonoff, Argentina, 2009) Trailer
- XXY (Feature film about an intersex adolescent, Argentina, Spain, France, 2007) Trailer
- Octopusalarm (OT: Tintenfischalarm, first European documentary about an intersex person, Austria, 2006, avail. with english subtitles) Trailer
- Hermaphrodites Speak! (Documentary from the first Intersex Retreat 1995, United States 1996 Watch here